- US firm Parker aims for carbon-neutral operations by 2040on August 2, 2021
US motions and controls firm Parker has unveiled plans to reach carbon neutrality across its operations by 2040, with fresh new carbon reduction targets set to be submitted to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Almost half of world nations fail to submit updated climate plans ahead of COP26on August 2, 2021
A little over half of the world's nations have submitted updated climate action plans ahead of the crucial climate summit in Glasgow later this year, with the UK now pressing for the likes of China and India to outline decarbonisation plans.
- UK smashes annual grid flexibility record seven months into 2021on August 2, 2021
New statistics have revealed that 2021 has already broken a "network flexibility" record, with contracted smart energy solutions and grid flexibility up 45% compared to annual levels from 2020.
- WRAP receives Walmart funding to drive food waste behaviour change in UK and Canadaon August 2, 2021
The Walmart Foundation has provided around $750,000 to UK waste prevention charity WRAP, to kickstart a new initiative that will seek to reduce household waste in both the UK and Canada.
- Investors seek accountability over corporate net-zero commitmentson August 2, 2021
More than 50 global investors, managing more than $14trn in assets, are calling for new corporate governance structures and standards to be introduced to improve the accountability of net-zero carbon commitments.
- Orkney's tidal turbine and Ferrero's paper packaging: The sustainability success stories of the weekon August 1, 2021
As part of our Mission Possible campaign, edie brings you this weekly round-up of five of the best sustainability success stories of the week from across the globe.