- Ed Miliband appointed Shadow Secretary for climate change and net-zero in Labour reshuffleon November 29, 2021
Labour has named former party leader Ed Miliband as its new Shadow Secretary of State of Climate Change and Net Zero, as part of a Shadow Cabinet reshuffle that will see him champion a New Green Deal in the UK.
- Circular Turku Roadmap is launchedby Michael Brunn on November 29, 2021
Over the last two years, the city of Turku convened 200+ local and regional stakeholders to design interventions that enable the transition to a circular economy and help address greenhouse gas emissions in a systematic manner, beyond territorial and sectoral boundaries.
- Nissan promises £13.2bn of investment in EV revolution this decadeon November 29, 2021
Japanese carmaker Nissan has unveiled a new investment plan worth two trillion yen (£13.2bn), aimed at accelerating its electric vehicle (EV) transition through to 2030.
- Time to Transform: edie's next online Inspiration Sessions to focus on sustainable business leadershipon November 29, 2021
Registration is now open for edie's next online Inspiration Sessions, taking place on Thursday 6 January 2022. These webinars, sponsored by edie's B Corp partner Seismic, will inform and inspire sustainable business leaders.
- Aldi trials deposit return for drinks bottles in Scotland, ahead of national schemeon November 29, 2021
Aldi has begun trialling an in-store deposit return scheme for drinks containers in West Lothian, ahead of the introduction of a Scotland-wide scheme from July 2022.
- Eurostat releases estimates of quarterly EU greenhouse gas emissionsby Michael Brunn on November 29, 2021
Today Eurostat releases for the first time estimates of the EU quarterly greenhouse gas emissions, including a breakdown of emissions by economic activity.